| I. International |
The Gambia - Political Crisis
(DG ECHO, Government of Senegal, UNHCR)
- Efforts for a peaceful solution of the political crisis in Gambia are ongoing. As of 20 January, 45 000 people have reportedly arrived in Senegal from Gambia and received humanitarian assistance, according to Senegalese authorities.
II. Europe |
Reported high discharges/floods warnings during the last 24 hours by National services
- France: Flood Warnings (2nd level) are active for the Haute Corse and Corse du Sud regions.
Meteoalarm - as of 21 January, 8.00 (UTC)
- Snow/Ice in the Slaskie province in Poland - Red Alert.
- Extreme low temperature in north-western and south-eastern Serbia - Red Alert.
- Extreme low temperature in southern Germany; Croatia; central and northern Bosnia-Herzegovina; central Serbia - Orange Alert.
- Snow/Ice in southern Brandenburg in Germany; Lodzkie and Lubelskie provinces in Poland; eastern Spain - Orange Alert.
- Strong winds in eastern Spain; Sardinia and Sicily islands (Italy) - Orange Alert.
- Thunderstorms in Sardinia and Sicily islands (Italy) - Orange Alert.
- Coastal events in eastern Spain and Balearic islands - Orange Alert.
- Heavy rain in eastern Spain mainland and Balearic islands; Sardinia and Sicily islands (Italy) - Orange Alert.
- Rain/Floods in Corsica island (France) - Orange Alert.
- Risk of avalanches in northern Norway - Orange Alert.
Reuse is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged and the original meaning of the document is not distorted. Reuse is not applicable to documents subject to intellectual property rights of third parties. The Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the information contained in this document nor for any consequence stemming from the reuse thereof.